Château Rayas

Rayas - Châteauneuf-Du-Pape "Réserve" 1999

€1900.00
Tax included (only for shipments within the European Union)
€1900.00
Tax excluded
Quantity
Last items in stock

  • Vintage : 1999
  • Grape variety : Grenache et autres cépages de Châteauneuf
  • Format : 75 cl
  • Cru : Village
  • Region : Rhône
  • Country : France
  • Condition : Perfect

The particularity of this great wine is linked to two main factors. Its blend and its exceptional terroir. This Châteauneuf-du-Pape is made up of 98% Grenache, the remaining 2% is made up of different grape varieties from the appellation. Regarding its terroir, it is composed of sandy soil that does not contain the bed of pebbles that the terroir of the appellation normally contains.

Find out more

Be the first to write your review !

Ask a question :

Contact - Question produit (anglais)

 
reassuarence-customicon
reassuarence-customicon
reassuarence-customicon
reassuarence-customicon

Description

Château Rayas is an emblematic figure of great French wines. A must-have that is considered the best wine of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation.

The particularity of this great wine is linked to two main factors. Its blend and its exceptional terroir. This Châteauneuf-du-Pape is made up of 98% Grenache, the remaining 2% is made up of different grape varieties from the appellation. Regarding its terroir, it is composed of sandy soil that does not contain the bed of pebbles that the terroir of the appellation normally contains.

On the side of the vinification, it favors very low yields (18 hectoliters per hectare) and a long aging of 20 months in old oak barrels.

This rigor in the management of the vines and the vinification makes Château Rayas an exceptional wine. In the mouth we find aromas of cherry and raspberry which are of great finesse, all coupled with great power and length.

A must-have that every connoisseur should have in their cellar.

The domain

Château Rayas

Château Rayas

The Château Rayas estate is an emblematic figure of great French wines. Many connoisseurs consider the estate's wines to be the best of the appellation, present in the Rhône Valley. The vines of the estate which was created by Louis Reynaud are mainly oriented to the north, which is reflected in the wines by refreshing, fruity and non-solar notes.

The estate is mainly composed of Grenache, the first ceps of which were planted in 1920.

Jacques, the son of Louis Reynaud, succeeded thanks to his know-how in propelling the Château Rayas estate to the top of quality, while respecting traditional know-how.

Today the estate is managed by Emmanuel Reynaud and still produces exceptional and rare wines, prized by amateurs and gourmets alike.

Discover the domain